Here you can find a simple guide for volunteers and the application form volunteers have to send us in order to collaborate in one of ours projects in Kolkata.
The guide is very simple and allow us to do our work in a better way, without any problems with the local people.
- Don’t smoke in front of the children or near the gate. We are there to give them an example and for their culture, especially if one woman is smoking, is not a good thing. And, most of all, don’t go out to smoke during the activities’ time.
- It’s forbidden to take pictures without any permission, especially inside the club.
- The place where we are is really “holy” and traditional, so we have to respect it and the people wearing appropriate clothes. For the women, avoid short pants or skirt, or t-shirt with a big neck and without sleaves. It would be better if you use the local clothes like Kurti or saliwar suits.
- Follow the activities without taking any own decisions without talking with the organization staff.
- Don’t play with a single child during the activities otherwise you can create distraction or jealousy in the others.
- Avoid (especially for the girls) to become too much close with the local guys. They could misunderstand easily due to their young age.
- We start the project at 10.30 and ’till 12.00 the activities are reserved only for the children. At 12.00 we open the door for the medications.
- If you have any kind of problems or you don’t understand something, please tell us. Don’t follow any guy or man without knowing him.
- We are in this club in which the ownership belongs to the slum’s guys, so we have to respect it. We don’t have the toilet inside, but near by there are many public toilet, that you can use purchasing one or two rupees.
- If you have any suggestions or advice to improve our project, please, let us know.
Application Form for volunteers